Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ironbridge 3K Winter Series

Weds 5th March saw me rise from my sick bed for the 50 mile round trip to do the Ironbridge 3K at Exeter Arena. The evening kicked off with the junior’s mile race, followed by the various 3K races. With about 20 – 25 runners in each race this pits the old and grizzled against young sprogs of diminutive proportions. Be complacent at your peril as these youngsters can pace, draught and out sprint with beguiling ease. Each race is very competitive, with runners of similar predicted finish times in each group. I’m glad I got off my sick bed and made the effort. Amongst all the windy, wet weather we had calm, but the air was cold enough to sting the arms. Under the circumstances I was happy with 11:53. Main highlights were watching the kids run and seeing the winner of the top group doing a 62 second final lap.

No comments: